The Aboriginal Coaching Modules (“ACM”) is an essential resource to those that work with, coach and/or supervise Aboriginal peoples in physical activity, recreation, and sport. This one-day workshop will provide a greater understanding of coaching through an Aboriginal lens, which is designed to motivate, inspire and lead Aboriginal peoples in sport, recreation, physical activity and life.
The ACM was developed as a supplement to the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) to:
- Provide culturally relevant courses for Aboriginal coaches and athletes;
- Increase the accessibility of the NCCP to Aboriginal coaches;
- Increase the capacity of non-Aboriginal coaches leading Aboriginal peoples;
- Improve the quality of the sport experience for Aboriginal athletes;
- Increase the number of Aboriginal certified coaches;
- Improve the understanding of the application of Aboriginal cultures in sport and coaching;